Offering Spring Fellowships and Summer Internships at Duke SBSI Conference
YardSprout is excited to attend today’s Sustainable Business and Social Impact conference at Duke’s Fuqua School of Business, where much of the focus is on innovative social business models. We’re looking forward to hearing Jill Dumain, the Director of Environmental Strategy at Patagonia, speak, and will check out this morning’s workshop “How new financial vehicles are disrupting the landscape of social entrepreneurship“, of particular relevance to the emerging local food economy.
We’re also excited to recruit for our Spring Fellowship and Summer Internship positions, and hope to meet candidates who share our passion and can help us advance YardSprout’s mission and vision.
YardSprout is building a national network and web platform, beginning with yardsprout.com, to grow the future’s food economy. Our services help homeowners, property managers, businesses and other land holders find expert gardeners, landscapers and farmers to expand food cultivation and pursue other sustainable uses of their land. We are a new, social venture based in the triangle, founded in June 2011. We help people Learn, Plant, and Grow.
We’re Seeking Spring and Fall Fellows and Summer Interns who:
- Love the rapid, creative, iterative culture of a start-up
- Aspire to make a big impact
- Have great business, organizing, or marketing skills
- Have a true passion for local food systems and sustainable land use
YardSprout Internships & Fellowships
Paid Summer Internship
8-10 week summer internships are based in Chapel Hill / Durham, NC.
1. YardSprout Business Development Internship
We are recruiting a Business Development Intern to help us refine our business model and expand our national reach. This will be a multi-faceted, highly creative internship for motivated, dynamic, and talented candidates.
2. FarmSprout Business Development & Farm Economics Internship
Our second platform, FarmSprout.com, will provide online software tools to help small and medium sized farms manage business, access markets, and connect with customers, labor, and capital.
2-4 month Spring and Fall Fellowships focus on exciting projects critical to our developing business. Candidates will be matched with projects based on expertise and passion.
1. Business plan and investor pitch: Assist with research, preparation, planning and presentation of our business plan.
2. Market research on edible landscaping, urban farming, small/medium farms, green-scaping, and sustainable, outdoor land use.
4. Product development through research, surveys, interviews and innovation sessions.
3. Partnership development with local and national businesses.
5. Brand development, marketing & PR campaigns, and social media strategies.
To Apply, Submit Resume & Cover Letter by 3/1 for Spring or Summer Roles to: Careers@YardSprout.com